Unlock hidden talents with the Masters of Craft series at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, exclusive for guests staying in-house. Get up-close and personal with the Hotel’s award-winning chefs, sommelier, beverage ambassador, and wellness masters who will guide guests through a journey of fun learning and self-development.
The following Masters of Craft classes will be introduced at the launch on April 24, 2020:
Master: Chef Guillaume Galliot, Chef de Cuisine
Class: How to prepare signature Caprice dishes and French culinary techniques at the three Michelin starred institution. This hands-on private class that allows guests to recreate two impressive French recipes at home:
- Caprice signature tartare, and
- Choice of mackerel rillettes or grilled sea bream and dill mash potatoes
Learn the mise en place – preparation of ingredients and the different techniques of assembling, marinating and slicing; how to make the sauces; and prepare the dishes.
Master: Victor Petiot, Sommelier
Class: Broaden knowledge about wines with Petiot, protégé of the legendary Eric Beaumand, who has had the rare opportunity to build out the Loire Valley section for the 50,000-bottle cellar at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.
- Learn the differences of the some of the most popular grape varieties
- Learn and discover wine pairing tips for western and Asian cuisines
- Learn the importance of the different glassware that will enhance or improve the character of the wine
- Learn wine service basics including opening a bottle and decanting the wine
Lung King Heen
Master: Chef Chan Yan Tak, Chinese Executive Chef, and Lung Hing Keen dim sum master
Class: Learn how to recreate a Lung King Heen signature dish with the “Godfather of Cantonese Cuisine” Chef Chan Yan Tak and his dim sum master, who will provide curious guests with tips and tricks on Cantonese cuisine at this three Michelin starred institution.
- Siu mai (steamed dim sum): preparation of ingredients, dicing techniques, special wrapping skills, steam timing and control, or
- Deep fried scallops with pear (fried dim sum): preparation of ingredients, types of scallops to choose, how to prepare and slice ingredients with precision
Master: Lorenzo Antinori, Beverage Manager and Beverage Ambassador, Asia Pacific
Class: Channel the inner bartender and learn the art of trade with Antinori, who will show guests how to recreate a classic cocktail and also create an original cocktail recipe.
- Guests will pick from a choice of four classic cocktails and learn how to recreate the drink
- Guests will make their own creative cocktail recipe using ingredients from a mystery box
Caprice Bar was named Best International Hotel Bar in 2020 Tales of Cocktail Spirited Awards in April 2020.
Master: Dirk Haltenhof, Executive Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Class: Learn how to curate a healthy but hearty surprise meal at home with Haltenhof that promises a nutritious experience for the family.
- Signature buddha bowl
- Choice of sea bass, organic beef striploin, or homemade egg noodles
- Caramelised bread pudding with fruits
Master: Ringo Chan, Executive Pastry Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Class: Chan’s pastry kitchen churns out heavenly treats for the Hotel with famed favourites available on the Hotel’s eShop. Now guests can learn first-hand how to bake his signature red velvet cake and hone unique cake-decorating techniques from the patisserie master.
Wellness and Self-Care
Masters: Angela Wong, Spa Trainer, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, and therapists
Class: Connect and experience change from within. Learn from Masters of the Spa to achieve peace of mind and inner calm.
- Meditation: Learn meditation techniques and make one’s own homecare kit and poultices
- Ayurveda: Understand Ayurveda practices to destress and enhance overall wellbeing with homecare remedies
- Stretch to Heal: Incorporate Thai stretching techniques into a daily exercise routine
CONTACT INFORMATION – RESERVATION