Website The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
Come join the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong as our Website Developer/Coordinator! Our office thrives on fresh ideas, is abuzz with collaborations and isn’t afraid to try new things…all with the aim to bring value, access and engagement to our members! Your colleagues are a mix of Canadians and local Hong Kongers who espouse the Canadian values of inclusion, respect, sustainability and the love of the great outdoors.
The Website Developer/Coordinator reports directly to the Head of Events and Marketing and will work with all the departments within the Chamber. This role will be responsible for maintaining our Chamber’s website, its functionality, navigation and general design. As well, s/he will be working to design online marketing materials to promote the Chamber’s events and programs.
This position is a full time, 1-year contract with possibility of extension. This position is partially funded by the HKSAR Government’s Future International Talent (FIT) program and is looking to recruit recent graduates. The Chamber is a signatory to the Equal Opportunities Commission’s Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
- Website: Maintaining and updating the Chamber website
- Social Media: Creating, curating and scheduling social media posts
- Branding and Creation of marketing and communications collateral related to the Chamber’s activities/initiatives
- Salary & Benefits: 18K – 22K per month, medical & dental benefits, 15 annual leave days, flexible working
- Office location: Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in the revamp the Chamber’s website and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Write well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Enhance the Chamber’s website navigation, online payment process, online member registration, among other essential functions
- Ensure software stability, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing to identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully
- Collaborate with colleagues and members on materials including creation of web pages, social media content, programming collateral, e-newsletters, and marketing materials (e.g. electronic direct mailings or eDMs)
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system
- Complete minor edits requested by colleagues, assist in developing plans for completing larger projects, and suggest solutions to improve the Chamber’s website
Skills and Qualifications
- Should be a recent graduate with approximately 2 – 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in computer science, graphic design, website design, or similar discipline
- Proficiency with design software, including Canva, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and with content management systems, including WordPress, Webflow and Cornerstone
- Proven experience with graphic design; with a good portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated and inquisitive
- Quick in absorbing and applying new knowledge
- Excellent time management
If you are interested to join our dynamic team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, with anticipated salary, and anticipated start date on or before Friday 23rd April, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
***Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only***
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com