The Panel Discussion of the 7th Event of the Seed to Exit Series will focus on strategies and tools available for a new business’s marketing and growth.
Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015
8:30 am- 10:30 am
18/F, China Building
29 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Members: $200/ Non-Members: $300
(Light Breakfast included)
Signature Series Title Sponsors:
Brought to you by...
The Entrepreneur and Small Business Committee and
Young Professionals Committee of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
About the Event:
To start our discussion, the speaker, Lawrence Morgan, COO at Nest, will provide an overview of the rapidly developing eco-system of startups and entrepreneurship in Hong Kong as well as his investment strategies around picking winners. He will also go through the growing array of tools and resources available in Hong Kong to help budding entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
In the second part, the speaker, Brian Ho, Founder of Hong Kong Freelancers Network, will focus on how freelance, outsourcing and new services sharing platforms support the growth of the new forms of entrepreneurs and small/micro business. In addition, the speaker will explain how the Freelancers support the marketing strategies of these new businesses.
About the Speakers:
Founder, Hong Kong Freelancers Network
Brian is a veteran in digital media production and has more than ten years' experience working in the global animation market. In 2012, he founded the Hong Kong Freelancers Network and consolidated thousands of local freelance creative professionals into an online community. Brian is passionate with anything creative and inspirational, and he has been a visiting lecturer in the School of Design at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University since 2010. He is currently a senior consultant at Savvy helping global companies find the best creative talents in Hong Kong.
Both as an entrepreneur and startup investor, Lawrence has built businesses across a range of sectors including fintech, edtech, IoT, healthcare and property. Lawrence's specialisation is in helping companies with their strategy, decision-making, funding and scalability. He is committed and passionate about taking startups to the next level, which has led him to become a respected judge at global startup events and a discerning knowledge on entrepreneurship.
About the Moderator:
Janet Bibi Ferreira
Director of Human Resources & Administration, Baker Tilly
Janet has strong interpersonal skills and is well-versed in Hong Kong employment related matters. Her service area covers human resources planning, recruitment, retrenchment and strategic human resources management for both the firm and clients.
Janet is a Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resources Management.
Introduction: "From Seed to Exit" New Series 2013-2015
This Series brings current and aspiring entrepreneurs, small/micro business owners and start-ups, including young professionals who are on the learning path to becoming entrepreneurs together to share experiences about the challenges they face in establishing and operating a business in Hong Kong and in the Asia Pacific Region.
In summary the Series will be helpful to those who are looking for new ideas, different business strategies, solutions to business problems, or more profitable ways of doing things in general.
Schedule of the Series:
1. October 23, 2013 - The Funding Road-map for Start-ups byAlain V Fontaine. Partner, Ocean Equity Partners
2. November 13, 2013 -Angel Fundraising - What Should You be Looking for?by Tytus Michalski, Managing Director, Fresco Capital Advisors
3. November 26, 2013 - The Perils of Partnership byPádraig Walsh, Partner of Bird & Bird (ChinaandHong Kong)
4. January 22, 2014: Crowd-funding Platforms for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses and Why does Hong Kong need Equity Crowd-funding byJono Lilley and Fiona Atkinson, Co-founders, Colony88; Simon Loong, founder and CEO of WeLab Limited; James Giancotti,co-founder and CEO of Big Colors
5. June 25, 2014: Perspectives from Two Hong Kong Companies Who Successfully Raised Funds by Matthew Man, CEO and Founder of Megasoft Ltd., Simon Newstead, CEO of Frenzoo and Danny Choi, Audit and Assurance Director of Baker Tilly; Moderator: Chipper Boulas, Investor/Business Builder - Internet/Mobile, Co-Founder of Firestartr.co
6. October 30, 2014: Growth Strategy: Funding a Successful Business through Private Equity Fund Raising by Alan Seigrist, CFO of The Executive Centre
7. April 22nd, 2015: Marketing and Growth Strategies for A New or Developing Business by Brian Ho, Founder, Hong Kong Freelancers Network and Lawrence Morgan, COO of Nest; Moderator: Janet Bibi Ferreira. Director of Human Resources & Administration, Baker Tilly
8. May, 2015: Exit Strategy: How do I manage an exit of the business I created? What are the different options? Private Equity Sale/ IPO Trade Sale?
Sign In securely
Haven't registered yet?
28/03/2017CUHK MBA Talk: China’s Capital Account Liberalization
29/03/2017Blockchain as the Key (to Bitcoin)
30/03/2017The Women's Network Presents: Leading From Within
30/03/2017Innovate or Perish
05/04/2017 » 07/04/2017Mines and Money Asia