Signature Series Sponsor:
Signature Series Venue Sponsors:
Brought to you by...
The Entrepreneur and Small Business Committee and
Young Professionals Committee
of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
About the Event
The Series will aim to cover different aspects of the path from "idea to IPO" from the entrepreneur and the corporate's points of view, among many other things. This Second Part of the "From Seed to Exit Series will attempt to provide the audience with a set of practical guidelines for Angel fund-raising by an angel investor with a global respective. It is targeted at businesses in the early to mid-stage of development. However, it will be beneficial to investment managers and private investors who support the growth of the SME ecosystem.
This discussion will provide a thorough overview of the market for early stage fund-raising, including:
- understanding various sources of capital such as Angel Investors and Venture Capital
- what you should look for when searching for investors
- fund-raising shortcuts
- term sheets
- post fund-raising relationship with investors
The talk will be followed by an interactive Q & A session chaired by a moderator.
About the Speaker
The Canadian Chamber is pleased to have Mr. Tytus Michalski to talk to our members and guests about angel investment.
Tytus Michalski has been investing, working and living in Asia since 1999. He is currently Managing Director of Fresco Capital Advisors, a seed and early stage fund based in Hong Kong with a global perspective.
Previously, he was Chief Investment Officer of Equities at PMA Investment Advisors, managing the regional equity funds and the equity team. Tytus was a founding member of PMA, which was started in 2002 and acquired in 2006 for over US$200mln. Before that, he worked at HSBC Asset Management in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, and London.
In support of the start-up ecosystem in Hong Kong, Tytus is involved with several organizations as a mentor, judge, and contributor. Tytus graduated from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia (Finance with Honours), is a Leslie Wong Fellow (UBC Portfolio Management Foundation) and holds the CFA designation.
Introduction: "From Seed to Exit" New Series 2013-2014
#This Series brings current and aspiring entrepreneurs, small/micro business owners and start-ups, including young professionals who are on the learning path to becoming entrepreneurs together to share experiences about the challenges they face in establishing and operating a business in Hong Kong and in the Asia Pacific Region.
In summary the Series will be helpful to those who are looking for new ideas, different business strategies, solutions to business problems, or more profitable ways of doing things in general.
Schedule of the Series:
1. October 23, 2013 - The Funding Road-map for Start-ups by Alain V Fontaine. Partner, Ocean Equity Partners
2. November 13, 2013 - Angel Fundraising: What Should You be Looking for? by Tytus Michalski, Managing Director, Fresco Capital Advisors
3. November 26, 2013 - The Perils of Partnership byPádraig Walsh, Partner of Bird & Bird (China and Hong Kong)
4. 1st Quarter, 2014: A Case Study: How Did i Successfully Raise Seed/ Angel money?
5. 1st Quarter, 2014: Crowd-funding Platforms for Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses and Why does Hong Kong need Equity Crowd-funding
6. 1st Quarter, 2014: Planning Strategies
7. 2nd Quarter, 2014: Marketing Strategies
8. 2nd Quarter, 2014: Exit Strategy: How do I manage an exit of the business I created? What are the different options? Private Equity Sale/ IPO Trade Sale?
Members' Special Discount:
15% Discount: Buy 3 Tickets for the next 3 Events at $170 each
30% Discount: Buy 7 Tickets for the remaining 7 Events at $140 each
**For more information please contact Ines Jurikova at email@example.com**